Saturday, January 3, 2009

Funny Things

When I was in preschool I had a dream that I went into a funny brick building with my preschool class and my two most favored staff members. We went in and there was a big room it was really cluttered. There was a door in the back right hand corner and a loft on the back wall. There was  cement flooring and the loft walls were made of metal. On our right there was a large space open as if there used to be a wall and someone had added an extra space but it looked the same as everything else. You couldn't see much of what was there because of where the door was. On the very far right there were lots of masks hanging from the ceiling and on the walls, the one I noticed most was a giant elephant head where the neck was made of green fabric and the head was probably made of plaster or something. We turned right without pausing and I got to see what was in the right area. It was really full of  stuff. On the right there were millions of poles, sticks, and other long straight hard things. Directly in front of us there was a spiraling staircase painted red that went up to another loft that had stuff hanging over the edge that looked like fabric and foam. On our middle-left there was a giant tool cabinet. On our left there was a cement wall. and really close to use there was a cart full of nails and screws. It was leaning against the pole that was dividing the giant space in two. Again without pausing we went up the spiraling staircase into the second loft. It had giant pieces of foam laying across the floor and bending up the walls. There was also fabric laying everywhere including across a sewing machine. But the thing that most took my attention was the giant picture frame in the back of the loft but there was no picture in it and all you could see was the back. We all walked forward toward it and the staff led us through.

About three years later I started going to B.F. Day Elementary school. My mom worked a non-profit organization called The Fremont Arts Council. One day in kindergarden after school she had to go to a meeting and couldn't put me somewhere in other hands. So she brought me along but went early. I saw the building and immediately recognized it. I ran inside and up the sewing loft and there across the room was the picture frame. Except, I couldn't go through it.

This is a true story about a dream that came true. I went to the preschool We Planet when the dream happened. The building in the dream is called the powerhouse because it used to be the power building for B.F. Day. The powerhouse is on Fremont AVE and close to the NE corner of Fremont and 39th st. It is in Seattle, Wa. 98103

3 comments:

  1. You will come to notice it will not be the last of my Funny Things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooow thats SUPA freaky, seriously. i would be like reallly weirded out if that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I'm working on another one but its just saved as a draft. I'll continue it either Friday or Saturday

    ReplyDelete